Biscuits essentially are just a variety of bread. They are made by combining flour, shortening, milk, water, and leavening. Generally, the dough made with these items is just rolled and then cut into small circular shapes. Originally biscuit was just a flat cake that was just thrown back into the oven after being removed from the tin – thus named biscuit, ‘bis’ meaning twice and ‘cuit’ meaning cooked – in the French language. It was also once known as ‘stone bread.’
Mostly. In Italy, about 80% of the biscuits are had during the first meal of the day – breakfast. However, in other parts of Europe, they are also considered as a snack for random snacking needs throughout the day. As a true Italian food fan, let’s try to recreate some of the ways that biscuits can be used as breakfast. You could try making these recipes with one of the highest quality biscuits found in authentic Italian food stores online – ‘pan di Stelle biscuits’ or otherwise known as ‘Mulino Bianco Pan di Stelle cookies.’ https://igiveonline.com/ on the best place to get more recipes and ideas to create the most delicious biscuits for breakfast. Don’t forget to check out other tasty recipes on our website as well.
Here are some ways to incorporate biscuits for breakfast!
Recipe 1: Biscuit Waffles
- A packet of Pan di Stelle biscuits
- A cup of flour (any type you prefer)
- One and a half cups of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened baking cocoa. (if required). To get more recipes for biscuits for breakfast, click on https://hunbaba.com/
Directions to make these biscuit waffles
- Spray the waffle maker you own with cooking spray and then heat up the waffle maker.
- Remove the biscuits from the package and crush them into little pieces.
- Make a dough out of all the ingredients, combining them to form a waffle dough.
- Mix the crushed pan di Stelle cookies in the dough and mix well again.
- Now place this dough a little by little into the disk of the waffle iron and close the lid.
- Cook this for about 2 to 3 minutes or until it’s golden brown. Now repeat this process with the rest of the dough.
- Make a glaze with the unsweetened baking cocoa and dip one side of the waffle into this glaze to get a chocolate flavor.
Recipe 2: Biscuit and Eggs Benedict Casserole
- A pack of pan di stella cookies
- 8 ounces of thinly sliced bacon (chopped)
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 packet of hollandaise sauce
- Chopped Chives (fresh)
Directions to make this biscuit and eggs benedict casserole
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit with a 13 by 9-inch casserole with cooking spray, sprayed on.
- Then into the casserole, throw in the rough cut-up, pan di Stelle biscuits.
- Now add in sliced Canadian bacon and mix them gently.
- In a medium bowl, beat the 8 eggs and cups of milk while rapidly whisking it to a good blend. Pour this mix over the biscuit and bacon mixture.
- Bake this casserole back into the oven and bake it for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Insert a knife in the center and see if it comes out clean. If it does, the casserole is ready to consume, if not leave it in for another 2 to 5 minutes till the mixture is firm, and the knife comes off clean.
- Open the hollandaise sauce mix and do as directed on the package.
- Now cut the casserole into square pieces and serve each slice with hollandaise sauce and garnish it with the freshly cut chives.
These are just two ways to create breakfast recipes with biscuits. Try these recipes to get an authentic Italian breakfast flavor using biscuits! If you want to get tasty recipes for biscuits, cakes, and other baked products, then https://koraplatform.com/ is the right website to visit. On the website, you can find a wide range of recipes that will certainly meet your expectations.